Following the recent enforced pub closures in Edinburgh the latest update is that we will reopen on Mon 2nd Nov. If this changes we will let you know as quickly as possible. You can also get updates on our Facebook page.
Thank you for your continued support.
After months in lockdown we’re delighted to announce that Sandy Bell’s, our world-renowned folk bar, is reopening on Thu 1st October. Although our live music sessions are currently on hold in line with Scottish Government guidelines, we will still offer a warm welcome and local pub experience for regulars and new customers alike. However, we also appreciate that people may feel a bit unsure about setting foot in a bar at this time so here are some of the measures we’re putting in place to help keep our customers and bar team safe:
- Reduced capacity to ensure social distancing.
- Enhanced measures to allow for one-metre social distancing
- Table service only – no standing at the bar.
- Manual Test & Protect recording system. We will treat your data with the utmost discretion and destroy it securely after 21 days.
- Enhanced cleaning regime.
- Screens between tables for added protection.
- All floor staff will wear masks while serving you and customers will be required to do the same unless seated.
- Online drinks price list. Click here to view it.
We hope these measures will go someway to putting your mind at ease. Also, while you’re here, why not take a look around our updated website to view our wide selection of whiskies, find out more about our history or read about our live music sessions which we hope will be up and running again in the near future. We look forward to seeing you again soon and in the meantime…thanks for your support.